Our Mission Statement
Our Mission Statement
Community Rocks is a non-profit organization that enhances literacy, self-expression and creativity through music, arts, & wellness programs.
How do we do it?
We promote self-expression, cross cultural education and environmental awareness with every event and program in which we become involved.
Why do we do it?
Because every community should ‘Rock’.
By educating, strengthening and connecting communities through arts and wellness programs, partnerships and events….everyone wins.
When people help people and communities help communities. Everyone wins.
Children, Parents, Educators, Volunteers, Sponsors; we are all part of the community we live in.
What happens at a Community Rocks Event?
Whether leading an event or working with a partner, we
promote self-expression, cross cultural education and environmental awareness with every event and program in which we become involved.
What are the Community Rocks’ Events?
1. Arts & Music
a. Community Rocks! Kids: Songs “by kids, for kids”
Teaching literacy and confidence through songwriting & performance
b. Teen Night * Tween Night * Kids Open Mic Night * Live Performances
2. Educational Workshops
a. Anti-bullying, Literacy and Wellness workshops and assemblies in schools, libraries & community Spaces
3. Creative Afterschool Programs
a. Singing, Songwriting, Recording * Kids Yoga * Art * Literacy
4. 5yrs & Under Creative Programs
i. Singing, Songwriting & Spanish * Kids Yoga * Art
Adults & Family Programs
1. Exercise & Wellness: Including Exercise Classes & Yoga for Teachers
2. Arts & Music: Including Tuesday Night Open Mic & Live Shows, Exhibits & Creative Workshops
3. Community Events: Including Music Festivals, Fundraisers and Charity events
Who Benefits From Community Rocks?
• Sense of purpose for community
• Sense of pride for your children
• More time to do things for your-self knowing your child is in a productive and safe environment
• Increased self-esteem,
• enhanced creativity,
• better understanding of community,
• more enjoyment,
• better literacy,
• compassion for others
• Positive press for your company
• Supporting the community resides in
• Supporting events and programs aligned with your core mission
• Engaging your staff to participate and volunteer
• Sense of accomplishment of community
• sense of belonging and “giving back” to community
• meeting new people
• seeing people progress creatively
• seeing people grow socially