MUSIC • ARTS • FITNESS • OUTREACH
Empowering kids, inspiring families and energizing teens to make a
difference in their communities through music, arts, fitness and outreach.
Community Rocks! provides access and opportunity to low-income, underserved
youth in Camden, Collingswood, Gloucester City and surrounding communities.
Programs include year-round classes, camps, and after-school activities to help
keep our children and neighborhoods CREATIVE, ACTIVE, HEALTHY and SAFE.
Funds are provided through memberships, partnerships,
sponsorships, grants fundraisers and donations.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
MUSIC & ARTS
- COMMUNITY ROCKS THE BLOCKS: Bringing our music and mission to New Jersey neighborhoods through community festivals, events and performances
- SCHOOL ASSEMBLIES & WORKSHOPS
ANTI-BULLYING & PRO-CONFIDENCE entitled Being Weird is Cool, Let Yourself Shine!
READ, WRITE, ROCK in partnership with local library
- KIDS BAND: Inspirational and educational music written by kids, with kids and for kids to enhance literacy, improve confidence, motivate movement and empower kids to work together. Activities include singing, songwriting, self-expression, dance, performance, recording studio and playing instruments.
- TODDLERS ROCK!: “KIDS BAND” for children 5yrs and under
- LIVE MUSIC & PERFORMANCE VENUE: Intergenerational performance and event space for kids, teens, toddlers and adults of every age. Events include KIDS OPEN MIC, TEEN OPEN MIC, Under 21 event and LIVE MUSIC for 21 & up
- RECYCLED ART: Our KIDS BAND song “Reduce! Reuse! Recycle” describes it best when the kids sing “use old stuff again.” Recycled Art teaches kids to reduce waste, be creative with limited resources and use their imaginations to transform trash to treasure. Community Rocks! uses reused, recycled, donated and environmentally-friendly supplies to create new and fabulous up-cycled art.
FITNESS ROCKS!: Cardio, strength, stretch, core and yoga workouts followed by relaxation sessions for kids, teens and families. These classes feature original local music as well as pop, rock, hip-hop and world music to inspire participants to exercise, sing and dance.
- RHYTHMS, RHYMES & EXERCISE: Music & Fitness Workshops
NEIGHBORS ROCK! Helping our Neighbors in Need
Community Rocks! partners with schools, churches, businesses and organizations to provide outreach and supplies to our neighbors in need. People helping people, Communities helping communities.
TEEN TALKS: Teens talk, we listen and provide teen-led programs and activities as well as mentoring and entrepreneur opportunities.
SCHOLARSHIPS: No child is ever turned away for an inability to pay. Community Rocks! provides scholarships to any child who wants to learn but is unable to afford classes and lessons.
VOLUNTEERS ROCK!: We Work together, WE ROCK!” to make a difference in our communities through weekly and monthly service projects and initiatives for kids, teens and families.
KIDS CARE BAGS: Creative, active and personal care items for children at Virtua’s CASTLE Program in Camden (CASTLE= Children Achieving Success through Therapeutic Life Experiences)
Bags include: markers, crayons, colored pencils, sharpeners, coloring books, reading book, Kids CDs, Lily’s Sweets, crazy socks, one-year scholarship to attend Community Rocks! programs, t-shirt, yoga mat and “FITNESS ROCKS in a Box” (30+ exercise cards for kids to continue their fitness practice at home).
BACKPACK and SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE: July through September, #BeersandBackpacks
PENNIES with PURPOSE: Kids collect pennies to donate to local charities and global initiatives for example: Pennies for Puerto Rico, Pennies for Peace, Love & Fitness Rocks (kids exercise and raise money for sports and wellness supplies)
HOMELESS CARE BAGS: assembled as part of our annual MLK Day of Service & Kids Camp. Bags include socks, water bottle, crackers, soft granola bars, mints, chapstick
YEAR-ROUND DONATIONS NEEDED: Socks for kids and teens (Superhero, colorful and black/white) basic art supplies (markers, crayons, colored pencils, sharpeners), instruments (guitars, drums, ukuleles) sports balls (basketballs, footballs, soccer balls)
SEASONAL DONATIONS NEEDED: Backpacks and school supplies (collected July-September) New kids coats, hats, gloves and food (collected November-January), Umbrellas (April & May)
EXPRESS, CREATE, PERFORM, LEARN, LAUGH & LOVE!
Community Rocks! Corp.
Community Rocks! Corp. is a 501c3 non-profit organization providing individuals,
children and families opportunities to learn and thrive through music, arts and wellness programs.
In addition, we work together with local communities, organizations and businesses
to provide seasonal aid and supplies to our Neighbors in Need.
People helping people. Communities helping communities.
Lyrics from the Community Rocks! Kids Band best describe who we are and what we do:
Being Weird is Cool * Be Yourself, Stay True
Little Ladies, Little Men, Don’t Be Mean * Please Stop Complaining!
We Jumped Up and Down and Touched Our Toes * Yo! Yo! Let’s Go!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Use Old Stuff Again * Forever You Will Be My Friend
We’re Rhyming All the Time * I Sing to Feel Alive
We Work Together, WE ROCK!
firstname.lastname@example.org • 856.858.4444